BEGINNER WINE COURSESWSET Levels 1 and 2
Overview of Levels 1 and 2
Grape Experience offers two WSET beginner wine education courses that are open to anyone.
No experience is required for either WSET Level
- WSET Level 1 and WSET Level 2 are equally great starting points if you are seeking a career change, a promotion or just want to deepen your wine knowledge.
- You do not need to take Level 1 to take Level 2.
- If you’re looking for a more in-depth wine class, start with Level 2.
WSET LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE IN WINES
|If you know the basic wine grapes—that Chardonnay is a white wine and Cabernet Sauvignon is usually red—then begin at Level 2. This beginner to intermediate wine course offers greater breadth and depth of material, more tasting opportunities and additional classroom hours compared to Level 1. It’s for anyone who:
• Works in wine or who want a career in the industry
• Has a serious interest in deepening their wine knowledge
• Wishes to become a more confident wine taster
WSET LEVEL 1 CERTIFICATE IN WINE
|The WSET Level 1 course offers a true beginner’s overview of wine, and is geared to anyone with an interest in wine for personal enjoyment or launching a professional career. It’s a particularly good starting point for people just beginning to work in restaurants, hospitality, or retail. Level 1 is a fun way to get up to speed on what wine is and how it differs by style.|